artists official website allycewood.com

Encroaching Botany at Cornish College of the Arts Alumi Gallery


invasive lakeshore bloom
























This body of work is concerned with the physical ramifications of invasive species in the Pacific Northwest. Competition over others, over land, over architecture are all points that humanity has taken on as an intrinsic trait. By studying 'basic' species who bypass this characteristic and have made such a trait their main evolutionary point, I reflect upon my own needs to 'fight for my place'.

Is natural compulsion, if it exists within my species (and particular body) a plausible excuse for stepping on others to better my chances of survival (or enhance my career, my social sphere, etc)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.