artists official website allycewood.com

Press for "Latent Utility..."

I am very pleased by the response to my now-closed show 'Latent Utility: Present but Not Active Worth'. I am so thankful for those who came by SOIL Artist Run Gallery in person, or who viewed my work online, here! I was also very fortunate to have been written about by several local and national publications.

 "Into the Woods' by Elissa Favero of Art Nerd Seattle offered a great review as well as a mention of my piece 'The Silent Divested' from a previous exhibition. 

You can read that article here: http://art-nerd.com/seattle/into-the-woods/

The Stranger also listed the show online and in print as part of "The Stranger Suggests.To quote Jen Graves, author of the article: "Each drawing is so exactly beautiful as to be softly painful;each is a pang of self-conscious nostalgia for a lost world where these things are more alive. Though small, the show at SOIL, called Latent Utility: Present but Not Active Worth, feels like major step forward for the young Seattle artist." 

You can read that article here:
http://www.thestranger.com/Suggests/2013/06/26

(This article is separate from the 'Currently Hanging, Allyce Wood's Breakthrough Show' 
by Jen Graves, The Stranger.)

I also had the great pleasure of being interviewed by Erin Lagner for New American Painting blog!This was a great experience- I elaborated on my research, process, and ever darkening sense of humanity's involvement with nature.

You can read the interview here: http://newamericanpaintings.wordpress.com/2013/06/27/genuine-nature-q-a-with-allyce-wood/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.